Homeless Liaison – Vicki Ewbank
Some of the tasks a Homeless Liasison can undertake to identify the unmet needs of students who are highly mobile and homeless:
- Ensure that homeless children and youth (including preschool children and unaccompanied youth) are identified and immediately enrolled in school by establishing a referral process with school staff and community agencies.
- Inform parents/students of their educational rights.
- Inform parents/students of transportation rights, including transportation to the school of origin.
- Guarantee that students receive free school meals, school supplies, and course fee waivers.
- Alert appropriate staff, in a confidential manner, of the student's living situation.
- Collaborate with community service providers, school personnel, and the state homeless coordinator to provide homeless children and youth education and related services.